75 Years of Kids, Critters & Cowboys!
We are delighted to welcome you to the 2023 La Plata County Fair!
This year’s theme, “75 years of Kids, Critters and Cowboys” is a look at the County’s rich traditions which bind residents to their past and connect them to their future. The Fair is a great opportunity for community members to gather together and honor the hard work of our talented residents who grow, raise, make, create, and share what they do each year.
The La Plata County Fair is a showcase of the County’s abundance and spirit of generosity, and we encourage you to enjoy the great talent, great music, good eats and exciting entertainment with your family and friends.
We hope to see you at the 2023 La Plata County Fair!
La Plata County Board of County Commissioners;
Marsha Porter-Norton – Chair,
Matt Salka – Vice Chair,
Clyde Church – Commissioner
Friday At the Fair
The Bellamy Brothers in Concert
Friday, August 11
With special guest, Garrett Young Collective
- La Plata County Fairgrounds, Rodeo Arena
- Gates open @ 6 pm
- Opening act @ 6:45 pm
- Headliner @ 8 pm
- Reserved Seating Tickets $45
- General Admission Tickets $25
(Bring Camp Chairs)
- Ticket prices do not include ticketing fees.
- General Admission does not include seating. Folding style camping chairs welcome. This section is also for standing guests.
- Reserved Seating is in the Grandstands and is bleacher style seating.
- General Admission guests will not be able to visit the Grandstands.
- Backpacks, purses, or bags will be checked by security at the gate.
- Sealed water bottles are allowed. Water bottles with removable lids should be empty.
- Water is available on the West side of the Grandstands.
- Beer will be available for sale and there is a snack bar inside the gates.
- No alcohol, food, firearms, dogs, tents or popups.
- Performance is rain or shine.
- No refunds on tickets.
Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 12 noon
If you like fast-paced live action, we’ve got something for you! The Demolition Derby never ceases to amaze with its adrenaline-pumping, dirt-spraying, metal-crunching fun. It’s a treat for the senses and an experience you won’t soon forget. Learn more!
Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 6:30pm
Rodeo has deep roots in Durango. The sport rose from the practices of working cattle herders in Spain and Mexico, who brought the friendly competition to the Four Corners region. True Western Roundup in Durango tests the skills and mettle of cowboys and cowgirls from southwest Colorado and beyond. Learn more!